If Pooled Energy achieves its current sales targets by 2025, it expects:-
- To save enough power across its aggregated pools equivalent to the retirement of coal-fired power station from the Australian Grid.
- To enable the continued expansion of renewable energy by providing balancing and stabilisation services to the Grid to accommodate more wind and solar power. The energy consumption of pools can be remotely varied to accommodate/balance rapid changes in wind and solar generation, without affecting pool water quality.
- To reduce use of natural gas and hydro-electric water by using the Pooled Energy networked pools for electricity grid balancing. Grid balancing for renewable energy and changes in electricity demand is normally provided by natural gas and hydroelectricity.
- To improve the health of pool users as a result of reduced infections from inadequately sanitised pool water.
- To reduce the manufacture and transport of chemicals such as chlorine and hydrochloric acid.
The potential for assisting the environment applies to overseas as well as Australia
We believe that for pool owners, one of the most effective things you can do to reduce your energy consumption is to get a Pooled Energy Service. It is a high-tech solution that works immediately and delivers lower running cost, improved quality-of-life and environmental benefits and more than pays for itself in most cases.
In More Detail, Pooled Energy helps in the following technical ways:
- By significantly reducing the energy consumption of swimming pools, the Pooled Energy system reduces the greenhouse gas emissions resulting from the generation of electricity.
- The Pooled Energy system reduces the energy consumption of your pool by:
- Converting your filter pump to variable speed,
- Installing sensors to allow accurate control,
- Using advanced software to run the pool equipment most efficiently,
- Optimising filtration and chlorination in real time in response to time of day, time of year, water chemistry, swimming activity and the weather,
- For systems with solar PV or thermal panels, the Pooled Energy system can use Weather Bureau information to decide whether solar power or Grid power is better used depending on the weather, thus improving the utilisation and financial return of the solar panels,
- Minimising chemicals to make for more comfortable, safer swimming. (Chemicals usually require significant energy to produce and transport. The reduction of chemical consumption for swimming pools can, therefore, be a significant environmental benefit as well as a consumer benefit.)
- Reducing operating stress on pool equipment, which should extend its operating life and reduce replacements.
- Reducing stress on the Electricity Grid in multiple ways (described in more detail in the FAQs)
- Being battery ready for home-storage systems. The availability of these systems will improve the effectiveness of renewable energy systems such as solar PV.